Tahini sauce and roasted veggies is quite possibly my very favorite meal in my repertoire. It’s easy, super satisfying, absolutely delicious, and highly customizable. Lately I’ve been making every variation and adaptation of this warm, creamy, roast-y, legume-y meal that I can think of. There is no right or wrong way to make a Tahini bowl. You just can’t go wrong with roasted veggies and lemon garlic tahini sauce. Enjoy!
Tahini Bowl w/ Roasted Veggies
Each Serving Contains:
- 1 Veggie Serving (adjust quantity to your individual food plan)
- 1 Protein Serving
- 1 Fat Serving
- Kale (or other dark greens)
- Pretty much all roasted veggies are yummy in this context. Some that I’ve tried are:
- Leeks and/or Onions,
- Broccoli and/or Cauliflower
- Bell Peppers
- Brussels Sprouts
- Green Beans
- Cooked Beets (I cook beets like this.)
- 1 serving of Tahini Sauce (1/2 of a protein serving)
- Protein options for the other half of your protein serving (Choose ONE):
- 3 oz neutral-flavored beans (chickpeas, white beans, black eyed peas, etc) (1/2 of a protein serving)
- 1 oz soy nuts or dried chickpeas (1/2 of a protein serving)
- 2 oz quinoa (1/2 of a protein serving)
- 0.5 oz oil (for roasting veggies and massaging kale)
- Alternatively, use 2 oz of avocado, or split the fat serving between the two
- Grain Additions: 4 oz roasted potatoes, sweet potatoes, quinoa, farro, barley, etc.
- Protein Additions: Increase any of the protein options above.
- Fat Additions: Increase the oil for roasting or massaging greens, add oil to the dressing, or add avocado.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop your veggies (and possibly potatoes for maintenance) into similar sized chunks for roasting.
- Weigh or measure your oil serving, and use a little more than half of it to coat the veggies and top generously with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, mix together the Lemon Garlic Tahini Sauce in a small dish with a fork.
- Chop the kale (or other dark braising greens) and massage it with the rest of your oil and a squeeze of lemon juice. Literally massage it, for half a minute or so. It will become softer and more tender.
- To serve, weigh your meal’s allotment of veggies and protein on a large plate or bowl. Drizzle 1 serving of tahini sauce over it.