Stir Fry w/ Peanut Sauce
Each Serving Contains:
- 1 Veggie Serving (adjust quantity to your individual food plan)
- 1 Protein Serving
- 1 Fat Serving
Any combination of the following:
- Bok choy
- 1 serving of Thai Peanut Sauce (1/2 protein serving)
- 2 oz baked tofu, 2 oz of edamame, or 1 oz of peanuts (1/2 protein serving)
- 1/2 of a fat serving is contained in the peanut sauce (if you chose to include coconut milk in the peanut sauce, see the recipe)
- 0.25 oz dark sesame oil or coconut oil
- Grain Additions: Brown rice or quinoa
- Protein Additions: Increase or add tofu, edamame, or peanuts, or have 2 servings of peanut sauce
- Fat Additions: Increase oil, or add peanuts
- If making rice with this meal, cook rice according to package directions.
- If making tofu with this meal, cube the tofu, spray lightly with oil, and bake in a 350 degree oven on parchment paper or a non-stick surface, turning occasionally. It can also be steamed, but you get less tofu that way because it’s heavier. You can also marinate the tofu. I like to use a simple marinade of in soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, and ginger.
- Chop the veggies and sauté them over medium heat in the oil.
- Make the peanut sauce.
- Weigh out your cooked veggies.
- If using edamame as your protein, weigh out your frozen edamame and throw it into the empty hot pan to quickly defrost and lightly it.
- Stir in the peanut sauce, combine, and enjoy!