Photo by Isabel Gates
This magical green sauce is a big hit in my world. It is creamy, fatty, tangy, herby, and just plain delicious. This recipe comes from Pinch of Yum, and is pretty close to the original but modified slightly to get correct proportions. This recipe makes 4 very generous servings.
Green Goddess Dressing
Each Serving Contains:
- 1 Fat Serving
- 4 oz avocado (2 fats)
- 1 TBSP olive oil (1 fat)
- 2 oz pistachios or nuts (1 fat)
- 1-2 cups packed parsley and cilantro leaves, (combined)
- 1/2-1 small jalapeño, ribs and seeds removed (depending on heat preference)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-2 limes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 cup water (depending on desired consistency)
- Make this sauce using a blender or food processor. You can blend for a long time to make a smooth dressing-like sauce, or you can blend lightly for a chunky pesto-like consistency.
- Divide the batch up into 4 equal portions and store in the fridge for a few days. Best when used fresh.
Ideas for Use:
- This dressing is delicious on cooked veggies, salads, grains, spiralized or lentil noodles, you name it!