This is an excellent weeknight meal when you want something easy, tasty, and simple. This recipe is inspired by this post over at Just A Pinch.
Cashew Cabbage Stir Fry
Each Serving Contains:
- 1 Veggie Serving (adjust quantity to your individual food plan)
- 1 Protein Serving
- 1 Fat Serving
- 1 Fruit Serving (optional)
- 6 oz of any of the following veggies: mushrooms, pepper, celery, carrots, onions (cook before weighing)
- Shredded cabbage to reach your desired veggie weight
- 2 oz dry roasted cashews
- 0.5 oz dark sesame oil
- 6 oz diced pineapple (optional)
Condiments & Spices
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 oz soy sauce or Braggs liquid aminos
- Grain Additions: 4 oz cooked rice
- Protein Additions: Add extra cashews, or add tofu, tempeh, or edamame.
- Fat Additions: Increase sesame oil, or add extra cashews
- In a skillet, stir fry the veggies (except for the cabbage) for a few minutes in a little bit of the sesame oil portion, until softened.
- Add the soy sauce, the rest of the sesame oil, cabbage, and cashews. Stir, cover, and steam until the cabbage is brightly colored and softened.
- Pro Tip: I weigh my fat and protein before adding, but I don’t weigh the veggies separately. I weigh my meal at the end and just add up the quantities, so 2 oz protein + 4 oz grain + 10 oz veg + 2 oz condiments = 1 lb 2 oz. I take a little out or add a little more veggies in to meet that quota, and I am okay with the ratios not being entirely perfect. If this messes with your peace, by all means, weigh the veggies separately!
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder (optional)
- Enjoy the rest of your day because this beautiful, tasty meal took so little time and effort to make!