This ricotta is amazing in this Eggplant & Zucchini Lasagna, eat half of a serving on a Breakfast Hash, add it to Roasted Zucchini w/ Spaghetti Squash & Marinara or Chanterelles & Spaghetti Squash, or dip veggies in it! The possibilities are endless with this creamy, basil-y, delicious spread.
Each Serving Contains:
- 1 Protein Serving (from the ricotta)
- 1 Fat Serving (from the nuts and oil)
You can divide the recipe into 4 equal containers, or measure out about 2.75 oz as one serving of pesto ricotta.
- 1 oz pine nuts (2 fat servings)
- 1 oz olive oil (2 fat servings)
- 8 oz vegan ricotta (4 protein servings)
- Note: vegan ricotta made with nuts is 2oz per protein serving. If you are using dairy ricotta you can have 4oz per serving and you can double this to 16oz of ricotta.
- Fresh basil (2 large bunches or about 4 oz)
- Juice from half a lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor, process the basil, pine nuts, 2 cloves garlic, ricotta, oil, lemon juice, and nutritional yeast until it is a coarse, spreadable texture.