This recipe was a delicious accident. Long story short, my planned dinner failed tonight because the crockpot didn’t cook my beans (turns out you have to plug in the crockpot for it to turn on). I’d already planned a salad with Lemon Herb Vinaigrette so I just had to replace the protein. I scrounged up 2 oz of hummus and some pumpkin seeds, and decided on a whim to mix the hummus into the dressing. It was so good and flavorful and creamy. Thus this recipe was born.
This is literally a serving of my Lemon Herb Vinaigrette with 2 oz of hummus in it. But it was good enough that I had to tell you all about it. It’s an easy and quick way to get your protein, and leaves 1/2 of a protein serving for other things (I like to use it for nuts on my salad). Enjoy!
Tangy Hummus Dressing
Each Serving Contains:
- 1/2 Protein Serving
- 1 Fat Serving
- 1 tablespoon (0.5 oz) olive oil (1 fat serving)
- 2 oz hummus (1/2 protein serving)
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs (oregano, basil, rosemary, or thyme)
- 1 tablespoon (0.5 oz) fresh lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Water to thin (if desired)