No, these aren’t cookies. They are breakfast ROUNDS. 🙂 Don’t worry, these are 100% sugar and flour free, and make one complete breakfast for either the weight loss or maintenance phase.
I just finished eating these and they were delicious and decedent, yet perfectly filling and satisfying in the ways that I want my breakfast to be. These are nicely sweet without being triggering. The flavor combination is beautifully balanced with the banana, peanut butter, oats, blueberries, and spices, and they have a wonderfully soft texture with the added crunch of the pecans.
This recipe was sent in to me by Bright Line Eater Heidi Shuler. Thanks Heidi! These are an excellent on-the-go complete breakfast for traveling, or to make ahead for those mornings when you just need something to grab and go.
This recipe is for a single serving (as a personal precaution because having large batches of treat-reminiscent food sitting around makes me nervous) but it could be easily made in large batches.
As always, if this lights up your brain too much, steer clear. These haven’t been triggering for me at all, but please use your own judgement and be cautious with these.
Banana Oat Breakfast Rounds (Sugar & Flour Free)
Each Serving Contains:
- 1 Grain Serving
- 1 Protein Serving
- 1 Fruit Serving
- 1 oz instant oatmeal or quick rolled oats
- 1.5 oz nut butter
- 0.5 oz walnuts, pecans, or other nuts or seeds of choice
- 4 oz banana, mashed
- 2 oz additional fruit (eat on the side or incorporate into the cookies, try fresh or frozen blueberries or any other small chunks of fruit. Experiment! Try strawberries, cherries, peaches, apples, etc.)
Condiments & Spices
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Grain Additions: Increase oats to 1.5 oz.
- Protein Additions: Increase nut butter to 2 oz, with 1 oz pecans (1.5 protein)
- Fat Additions: Increase seeds, nuts, or nut butter.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Mash everything in a small bowl. Stir in blueberries or additional fruit, or serve the extra fruit on the side.
- Spoon each cookie (about 3 large cookies) onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a non-stick mat.
- Squeeze each cookie into a rough ball shape with your hand. Press the cookies to flatten.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Eat warm, or store the leftovers in the refrigerator.