This garlicky, red-peppery, tomatoey, smoky, nutty, tasty sauce originated in the city of Tarragona, Spain. This is the perfectly portioned, quick & dirty, less-than-authentic version. It is delicious on veggie burgers, cooked vegetables, or meat & eggs (if you eat them).
Quick Romesco Sauce
Each Serving Contains:
- 1 fat serving (from the nuts and oil)
- 1 serving of condiments (similar to marinara or salsa)
- One 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, water drained
- 5.5-ounce can tomato paste
- 2 oz raw almonds, hazelnuts, or pine nuts (4 fat servings)
- 1 oz (or 2 tablespoons) of olive oil (2 fat servings)
- 1 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1-2 tsp mild smoked paprika (to taste)
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar (or substitute lemon juice)
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley (optional)
*Adjust these quantities as needed for your own individual food plan
- Blend all ingredients in a high-powered blender until desired smoothness.
- Portion into 6 equal-sized servings. Each one counts as a fat serving and a condiment.