Here is another creative spin on the popular Banana Oat Pancakes or “Oaties”. This recipe and photo comes from Bright Line Eater Sandie Haskins and has been posted here with her written permission. Thank you Sandie!
Each Serving Contains:
- 1 Fruit Serving
- 1 Protein Serving
- 1 Grain Serving
- 4 oz cooked steel cut oats
- 1 egg (1/2 protein)
- Topping: 1 oz peanut butter or nuts, OR 4 oz yogurt (1/2 protein)
- Or, use a combination of both as Sandie suggests to make a sauce (see notes below)
- 1/2 banana (about 3 oz)
- 3 oz additional fruit for topping
Condiments & Spices
- Pinch of baking soda
- Grain Additions: Increase oats.
- Protein Additions: Increase nut butter, yogurt, or nuts.
- Fat Additions: Increase nut butter or nuts.
- Mash ingredients together with a fork (except the toppings), or blend if desired.
- Cook on a hot, lightly greased waffle iron.
- Top your waffle with chosen toppings (see above).
- Sandie’s Suggestion: Top it with 1/2 banana, 2 oz of strawberry and a peanut butter sauce made with 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter, tablespoon of milk, vanilla and cinnamon.