File this one away for maintenance, unless you want to have rice, beans, or eggs for a savory weight loss breakfast! Yum! This recipe comes from the blog Carrots and Flowers.
Each 4 oz Serving* Contains:
- 1 Grain Serving
Note: The rest of the ingredients in this recipe don’t contribute much volume. I count them as condiments and just measure 4 oz of rice, as I would normally for a grain.
- 2 cups long grain brown rice
- 14.5 oz can diced or crushed fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 small white onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons roasted green chilis (jarred or canned is fine)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3 cups vegetable broth (I use 3 cups water + 1 tablespoon vegetable boullion paste)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, chili paste, or salsa (optional, for heat)
- Cilantro to garnish (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a rice cooker, or in a pot.
- Cook the way that you normally cook rice.