This simple recipe is so colorful, flavorful, and delicious during that time of year when the veggies are bursting from the garden and the farmers markets and you just want to eat a big pile of veggies with nothing on them but olive oil. Luckily, that’s what we do best.
Summer Corn & Tomato Salad
Each Serving Contains:
- 1 Veggie Serving (adjust quantity to your individual food plan)
- 1 Protein Serving
- 1 Fat Serving
1 Veggie serving of the following chopped veggies:
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Fresh corn, roasted or boiled and cut off the cob, (or frozen corn, but let’s not kid ourselves that it will be anywhere near as delicious)
- Optional: Cucumbers or bell peppers
Protein Serving Options: Choose ONE (or split your protein serving between two)
- 2 oz pine nuts (1 protein serving)
- 6 oz black beans or garbanzo beans (1 protein serving)
- 4 oz tofu feta (1 protein serving)
- 2 oz avocado
Condiments & Spices
- 1/2 cup fresh basil or cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons of (choose ONE): red wine vinegar, balsamic vinaigrette, lemon juice, or lime juice.
- Salt to taste (try garlic salt!)
- Grain Additions: add 4 oz cooked quinoa.
- Protein Additions: Add any of the protein options listed above.
- Fat Additions: Add avocado, nuts, or olive oil.
- Chop all ingredients and toss to combine.
- Multiply this recipe for batch cooking. This salad will keep well in the fridge for a day or two. It’s also great for potlucks or company.