This one was inspired by a recipe in Allison Day’s fantastic cookbook Whole Bowls. This meal is a beautiful combination of sweet, spicy, tangy, and smoky. Enjoy!
Smoky Corn & Peach Salad w/ Black Beans and Cilantro Jalapeño Pesto
Each Serving Contains:
- 1 Veggie Serving (adjust quantity to your individual food plan)
- 1 Protein Serving
- 1 Fat Serving
- 1 Fruit Serving
- 1/2 veggie serving’s worth of greens & cherry tomatoes (1/2 veggie serving)
- 1 corn on the cob, kernels cut off (1/2 veggie serving)
- 3 oz cooked or canned black beans (1/2 protein)
- 1 serving of Cilantro Jalepeño Pesto (contributes 1/2 protein)
- 1 serving of Cilantro Jalapeño Pesto (contributes 1 fat)
- Recipe for 4 Servings:
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, stems included
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (1 small lime)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 oz olive oil (4 fat servings)
- 4 oz dry toasted almonds, pistachios, pecans, pine nuts, pepitas, or walnuts (2 protein servings)
- 6 oz diced fresh peaches
Condiments & Spices
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika (or more to taste)
Notes for Maintenance
- Grain Additions: Add 4 oz of cooked rice or quinoa.
- Protein Additions: Add more beans or garnish with nuts.
- Fat Additions: Dress with extra oil or add more nuts.
- Make the pesto by putting all ingredients into a food processor and pulsing until coarsely chopped to your desired level of smoothness or chunkiness.
- Meanwhile, boil or roast the corn on the cob.
- Assemble salad ingredients, add corn, beans, and pesto.
- Garnish with extra lime and cilantro. Salt to taste.