This salad is adapted from and inspired by this salad over at Minimalist Baker. Enjoy!
Asian Chopped Salad w/ Sesame Vinaigrette
Each Serving Contains:
- 1 Veggie Serving (adjust quantity to your individual food plan)
- 1 Protein Serving
- 1 Fat Serving
- Cabbage, shredded
- Fresh snap peas, chopped
- Red bell peppers, diced
- Broccoli, lightly steamed
- 4 oz shelled edamame
- 1/4 of the recipe below for Sesame Vinaigrette:
- 0.5 oz (or 1 tablespoon) almond, peanut, or cashew butter (1 fat)
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic paste
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, tamari, or liquid aminos
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 1.5 oz (or 3 tablespoons) dark toasted sesame oil (3 fats)
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
Condiments & Spices
- Chopped cilantro or green onions
- Grain Additions: Add 4 oz cooked quinoa.
- Protein Additions: Add peanuts, quinoa, or more edamame.
- Fat Additions: Add peanuts or more oil.
- Chop veggies and assemble the salad.
- Steam the broccoli in a steamer basket for 2-3 minutes, until bright green.
- Stir the dressing together in a small bowl with a fork and divide into 4 equal servings.
- Toss the salad and dressing together, garnish with cilantro or green onions, and serve.