The amazing photos in this post were taken by my wonderful mother Isabel Gates. You ROCK mama. ❤
Marinated Tempeh Bowl w/ Avocado & Mango
Each Serving Contains:
- 1 Veggie Serving (adjust quantity to your individual food plan)
- 1 Protein Serving
- 1 Fat Serving
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cucumber, sliced
- Kale, chopped
- Bell pepper, diced
- Sprouts or microgreens (optional)
- 4 oz tempeh, cut into cubes or strips, marinated
- 0.25 oz oil (for massaging kale) (1/4 fat serving)
- 1.5 oz avocado (3/4 fat serving)
- 6 oz mango, diced or sliced
Condiments & Spices
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Simple Smoky Marinade for tempeh
- Grain Additions: Add 4 oz roasted potatoes or sweet potatoes.
- Protein Additions: increase tempeh or add beans or nuts.
- Fat Additions: Increase oil or avocado.
- Marinate tempeh for at least 30 minutes and as long as 3 days, (refrigerated).
- Bake the tempeh on a piece of parchment paper at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop and weigh the veggies and fruit, assemble the salad, and massage the kale with your hands for 15 seconds with the oil, lemon juice, and balsamic.
- Toss everything together, and enjoy!
- This salad will keep well in the fridge for a day or two.