How did it take me this long to try sweet potatoes for breakfast? This is a great way to change it up from oatmeal or cereal, and making a big batch of sweet potato ahead of time makes this a super easy, no-cook, grab-and-go breakfast option. I imagine this would also be a great option for camping or travel.
Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl
Each Serving Contains:
- 1 Grain Serving
- 1 Protein Serving
- 1 Fruit Serving
- 4 oz cooked sweet potato
- 1 oz nuts and/or nut butter (1/2 protein)
- 4 oz yogurt (1/2 protein)
- 6 oz banana and/or berries
Condiments & Spices
- Cinnamon, vanilla
- Grain Additions: Add 2 more oz of sweet potato.
- Protein Additions: Add another protein’s worth of nuts and nut butter! Yum!
- Fat Additions: Add more nuts or nut butter.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and put one or more sweet potatoes in the oven on a baking sheet or dish. Cook until soft, 30-45 minutes. That’s how to cook a sweet potato, it’s the easiest thing in the world. I like to batch bake sweet potatoes and have them cooked and ready in the fridge.
- Weigh out your sweet potato and add all of your yummy toppings!