Warm Lentil Salad w/ Brussels Sprouts & Seeds
Each Serving Contains:
- 1 Veggie Serving (adjust quantity to your individual food plan)
- 1 Protein Serving
- 1 Fat Serving
About 2-3 oz more than your veggie serving of the following: (They will cook down)
- Red onions, leeks, or shallots, diced
- Brussels sprouts, quartered
- Red bell pepper, diced
- Pea shoots, dark greens, broccolini, or sprouts to reach veggie weight
- 4.5 oz cooked lentils (3/4 protein)
- 0.5 dry roasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds) or sunflower seeds (1/4 protein)
- 0.5 oz olive oil
Condiments & Spices
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- (Optional) 2 oz sprouts (pea shoots, bean sprouts, etc)
- Garlic salt to taste
- Grain Additions: Add 4 oz roasted sweet potatoes or a large kerneled grain like farro or barley.
- Protein Additions: Increase lentils or nuts.
- Fat Additions: Increase oil or add more nuts.
- Begin cooking the lentils according to package directions. These will be plain and measured separately.
- If making a grain or sweet potatoes, start it now.
- Chop all the veggies and either sauté them in the oil over medium heat, or roast on parchment paper in the oven until charred and cooked to your satisfaction.
- Weigh out your cooked veggies and supplement with sprouts or greens to reach your exact veggie weight. Add the lentils, nuts, and condiments.
- Toss to combine.
Maintenance Version w/ Sweet Potatoes