Roasted Butternut & Brussel Bowl w/ Tahini Sauce
Each Serving Contains:
- 1 Veggie Serving (adjust quantity to your individual food plan)
- 1 Protein Serving
- 1 Fat Serving
- 1 small butternut squash, cubed
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, halved or quartered
- Kale or dark greens
Protein Serving (Amount given PER SERVING)
- 1 serving Tahini Sauce (1/2 protein)
- 1 oz pine nuts, or 3 oz cooked beans (1/2 protein)
- 1 oz (or 2 TBSP) oil for roasting (2 fat servings)
Condiments & Spices
- Garlic or seasoning salt
- Black pepper
- Grain Additions: add 4 oz cooked quinoa, rice, farro, or any other grain. Or, use 4 oz of roasted potatoes or sweet potatoes.
- Protein Additions: add beans, nuts, or extra tahini sauce.
- Fat Additions: Add nuts, a side of avocado, or more oil.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cube the squash and chop the Brussels sprouts.
- Toss the veggies in the oil, generously sprinkle with salt, pepper, and any desired seasonings.
- Roast on parchement paper in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the squash is soft and the Brussels sprouts are browned. Stir occasionally.
- While the veggies are roasting, make the tahini sauce if you haven’t already.
- Massage the kale vigorously with your hands for about 1 minute with a little bit of lemon juice and a spoonful of the tahini dressing.
- To assemble the bowl, weigh out your veggies first, add the protein, and drizzle the tahini sauce over the whole yummy pile.