Spaghetti Squash w/ Basil Walnut Pesto
Each Serving Contains:
- 1 Veggie Serving (adjust quantity to your individual food plan)
- 1 Protein Serving
- 1 Fat Serving
- Steamed spaghetti squash, shredded
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Serving of Basil Walnut Pesto (recipe makes 2 servings)
- 2 oz (or about 2 packed cups) fresh basil leaves
- 1 oz (or 2 tablespoons) olive oil (2 fat servings)
- 4 oz nuts (2 protein servings)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt, or more to taste
- Nutritional yeast (optional), to taste
- Included in pesto recipe above.
- Grain Additions: Add 4 oz cooked polenta or quinoa.
- Protein Additions: Add nuts or plant-based cheese.
- Fat Additions: Increase amount of oil, or add nuts.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Cut into large chunks and steam in a steamer basket or bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until it is soft and shreddable with a fork.
- Meanwhile, make the pesto.
- Shred and fluff the spaghetti squash with two forks.
- Weigh desired amount of spaghetti squash. Add tomatoes to reach veggie weight.
- Add pesto, mix it all up, and enjoy!