Caesar Salad w/ Chickpea Croutons
Each Serving Contains:
- 1 Veggie Serving (adjust quantity to your individual food plan)
- 1 Protein Serving
- 1 Fat Serving
- 3 oz salad greens or dark leafy greens
- Salad veggies like cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, or carrots to reach your desired veggie weight
- 1/2 Recipe of Caesar Dressing (1/2 protein)
- 1 oz dry roasted chickpeas** (1/2 protein)
**NOTE: When you buy roasted chickpeas, be sure to buy the kind for snacking, which are NOT the same as dried chickpeas. I buy the kind shown below, which I can find at most grocery stores in my area. Alternatively, you can try making your own)
- 2 oz avocado, or 1 tablespoon of olive oil to toss in the salad
Condiments & Spices
- Zest of a lemon
- Fresh ground pepper
- Grain Additions: Add 4 oz cooked quinoa
- Protein Additions: Add more chickpeas or nuts
- Fat Additions: Add avocado, oil, or nuts
- Make the dressing, in advance or shortly before mealtime. It’s quick.
- Weigh veggies, add weighed protein, add dressing, toss, and serve!
- Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper and lemon zest.
(Below is my maintenance meal with quinoa, fruit on the side not pictured)