Get ready, here comes a bunch of thanksgiving friendly sugar & flour free recipes! Keep an eye on your inbox in the next few weeks because I’ve been busy in the kitchen to help you make your holidays bright!
This recipe is adapted from this one over at Vegangela. It only contains veggies, so you could make a big batch of this and weigh out however much you want toward your veggie serving. Fat is optional and can be added when serving.
I ate mine with Tofurkey sausage and corn to make a sort of “bangers and mash” situation, but this would excellent for Thanksgiving dinner also.
Each Serving Contains:
- 1 Veggie Serving (Weigh desired amount)
- 1 Fat Serving (optional)
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
Fat Serving (Optional)
- Per Serving: add to individual portions before serving
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegan margarine
- OR 1 oz vegan cream cheese
Condiments & Spices
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3-4 cloves roasted garlic (or 1-2 cloves raw garlic, or 1-2 tablespoons garlic powder)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- Chop the head of cauliflower into small florets.
- Place cauliflower in a large pot and fill with just enough water to cover the florets.
- Bring the water to boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low. Steam until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower well.
- Place the cauliflower in a large bowl, and puree with potato masher, blender, food processor, or immersion blender.
- Mix in remaining ingredients, seasoning with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add a little water or plant-based milk if needed for blending.