Have you been worrying about all of that pesky sugar and flour that other people are eating during the holiday season? Well don’t you worry, Katie’s Bright Kitchen is on it!
This one is simple, easy, classic, and perfect for holiday festivities. Enjoy!
Cinnamon Roasted Butternut Squash w/ Brussels Sprouts & Pecans
Each Serving Contains:
- 10-12 oz Veggies
- 1 Protein Serving
- 1 Fat Serving
- 1 small butternut squash, cubed
- 16 oz raw brussels sprouts, halved
- 4 oz dry toasted pecans (2 protein servings)
- 1 oz (2 tablespoons) olive oil
Condiments & Spices
- Generous sprinkling of cinnamon
- Salt & pepper
- Grain Additions: Add mashed potatoes (and mushroom gravy!)
- Protein Additions: Add a serving of Go-To Tahini Sauce
- Fat Additions: Add more pecans
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop the veggies and lay them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Coat the cubed squash in part of the oil, and toss it with cinnamon
- Coat the brussels sprouts in oil and toss them with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes.
- Portion out your veggie serving and toss with the pecans.