Pumpkin Spiced Oatmeal w/ Pecans
Each Serving Contains:
- 1 Grain Serving
- 1 Protein Serving
- 1 Fruit Serving (Split into half fruit, half veggies)
- 1 oz oats (dry)
- 1 oz pecans
- 4 oz yogurt or milk (instead of water to cook the oats)
Fruit (and Veggie) Serving
- 3 oz pumpkin puree (replaces fruit)
- 3 oz sliced banana and/or blueberries
Condiments & Spices
- 1-2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or if you’re feeling fancy use cinnamon, fresh ground nutmeg, and cloves!)
- Grain Additions: Increase grain to 1.5 oz dry
- Protein Additions: Add more pecans, yogurt, or hemp/flax/chia seeds.
- Fat Additions: More nuts or nut butter.
- Combine oats, water, and a generous amount of pumpkin pie spice.
- Cook oats according to package directions in a saucepan on the stove.
- When the oats are cooked, add in the pumpkin puree.
- Add remaining fruit, nuts, and yogurt.