Yeah I know, this is basically exactly the same as the last recipe I shared. Except this time, it’s for breakfast! I can’t get enough of these fall flavors. And the crunch of those hazelnuts and the explosions of those pomegranate seeds… mmm, SO yummy.
This meal took me 5 minutes to throw together. I used cold quinoa that I cooked up the day before. I didn’t even bother to warm it up. It was delicious cold.
Spiced Breakfast Quinoa w/ Apples, Hazelnuts, and Pomegranate Seeds
Each Serving Contains:
- 1 Grain Serving
- 1 Protein Serving
- 1 Fruit Serving
- 4 oz quinoa, cooked
- 2 oz roasted hazelnuts
- 2 oz pomegranate seeds
- 4 oz diced apple (I recommend honey crisp)
Condiments & Spices
- Large pinch of cinnamon
- Small pinch of ground ginger
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Grain Additions: Increase quinoa to 6 oz.
- Protein Additions: I had an 8 oz latte today with my other protein serving! Or, add yogurt, more nuts, or an unrelated protein side like eggs.
- Fat Additions: More nuts, or try nut butter.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. This can be made ahead.
- Eat warm or cold.
- Mix everything together.
Note: Don’t mix this up too far in advance, because the hazelnuts will get a little soggy, and the crunchy toasty nuts are the best part!