Here’s a lovely, simple little recipe for one of my favorite things around this time of year, roasted brussels sprouts! These are delicious all by themselves, but the shallots and pecans are a bonus.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts w/ Shallots & Pecans
Each Serving Contains:
- About 10 oz Veggies
- 1 Protein Serving
- 1 Fat Serving
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, quartered or halved
- About 1 cup shallots or red onions, sliced
- 4 oz toasted pecans (2 protein servings)
- 1 oz (2 tablespoons) olive oil (2 fat servings)
Condiments & Spices
- Salt & pepper
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- Grain Additions: Roasted or mashed potatoes
- Protein Additions: Add Tahini Sauce, veggie sausage on the side, or add more pecans
- Fat Additions: Increase oil, add Tahini Sauce, or add more pecans
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the brussels sprouts in half if they are on the small side, or quarter them lengthwise if they are on the large side.
- Slice the onions or shallots so that they are long slices or rings.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Toss and rub the brussels sprouts with the oil, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Spread them out in a single layer, so that they have some space to crisp up. You don’t need to make sure that none of them are touching, but don’t pile them on top of each other.
- Roast in the oven, stirring partway through, for 20 – 25 minutes, or until browned.
- Transfer to serving bowl, toss in the pecans, and serve.