Here’s a simple and easy one to make you feel a little more festive.
Black Bean & Pumpkin Chili
Each Serving Contains:
- About 6 oz Veggies
- 1 Protein Serving
- 1 Fat Serving
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 3-4 carrots, chopped
- 1 can (15-oz) pumpkin puree
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes (I like fire roasted tomatoes)
- 3 cans (15-oz) black beans, rinsed and drained (or 24 oz cooked beans)
Condiments & Spices
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth (more if needed)
- Grain Additions: Serve over rice, or add 16 oz of diced potatoes or sweet potatoes to the chili.
- Protein Additions: Increase the amount of beans, or add cheese.
- Fat Additions: Increase the amount of avocado, or add cheese.
- Put everything into a crockpot (well, except for the avocado obviously)
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Serve with 2 oz of sliced avocado.
- Divide equally into 4 servings. Each one counts as a complete meal.