I usually try to make a new recipe to share with you all on the weekends, but this weekend I was couch-ridden with a stomach flu.
So, naturally, I thought I’d blog about it.
When I’m sick, I don’t worry about lines for quantities or eating 3 meals. I just stick to no sugar, no flour, and eat when my body wants me to. This weekend I had a stomach bug and had to nibble throughout the day to keep anything down.
Here is a small list I’ve compiled of some easily digestible, bright, hassle-free foods for when you’re under the weather:
- Plain oatmeal (cooked with water, not milk) with sliced banana
- White rice, with a little bit of butter and salt
- Ezekiel toast
- Unsweetened applesauce (discouraged normally, but I find this to be fine when I’m sick)
- Potatoes, microwaved, roasted, or boiled and mashed
- Veggie broth
- Veggie pho (without the noodles, I get delivery!)
- Miso soup with raw tofu cubes
- Spicy curry and rice (not for a stomach bug, but good for congestion)
- Yogurt (I eat unsweetened soy yogurt)
- Brothy soups (avoid veggies and legumes for stomach bugs)
What else works for you when you’re not feeling well? Comment and let me know!