This recipe comes from this one over at The Garden Grazer. It’s a nice addition to my vegan ranch collection. Unlike my other ranch recipe made from vegan mayo, this one has no mayo and gets its creaminess from the avocado. It also makes a very generous amount to make your bright, measured salads feel extra creamy and satisfying.
Avocado Ranch Dressing (Vegan!)
Each 2.5 oz Serving Contains:
- 1/2 Fat
- 1/4 Protein
- 4 oz avocado (about 1 medium avocado) (2 fats)
- 4 oz (1/2 cup) non-dairy milk (plain, unsweetened) (1/2 protein)
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice, to taste (about 1/2 of a lemon)
- 1.5 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley (or sub fresh parsley)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Optional: fresh chives are amazing if you can find them!
- In a blender cup or food processor, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Keeps covered in the fridge for about 1-2 days. Don’t make in huge batches ahead of time, because the avocado exposed to air will turn the dressing brown after a day or two.
Recipe Source: Katie’s Bright Kitchen
Ideas for Use:
- Chopped Salads
- BBQ Tempeh Bowl