Sometimes I need a salad that is going to satisfy. Here’s one that will leave you feeling no sense of deprivation whatsoever. This recipe is inspired by this one over at The Garden Grazer.
Chopped Salad w/ Avocado Ranch & BBQ Chickpeas
Each Serving Contains:
- 1 Veggie Serving (adjust quantity to your individual food plan)
- 1 Protein Serving
- 1 Fat Serving
Combine any of the following chopped veggies to reach your desired veggie amount.
- Chopped romaine lettuce
- Corn (fresh or frozen)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Bell peppers
- Shredded carrots
- 2-3 green onions
- 1 serving Avocado Ranch Dressing (contains 1/4 protein)
- 4.5 oz chickpeas (3/4 protein)
- 1 serving (2.5 oz) Avocado Ranch Dressing (contains 1/2 fat)
- Complete your fat serving with another 1 oz of avocado, or 0.25 oz of nuts.
Condiments & Spices
- Grain Additions: Add quinoa to the salad, or try Ezekiel toast cut up into croutons!
- Protein Additions: Increase the amount of chickpeas, or add some nuts.
- Fat Additions: Add nuts or avocado.
- Make the dressing in a blender cup or food processor.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, simmer the chickpeas in BBQ sauce for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, chop the veggies and toss with the dressing.
- Top with the warm chickpeas.
- If storing leftovers, store the dressing, chickpeas, and salad separately for the freshest leftovers the next day.
Recipe Source: Katie’s Bright Kitchen