If you like spiralizing veggies and have a spiralizer, this one is easy, quick, and super flavorful. It reminds me of Cashew Cabbage Stir Fry, but with zoodles instead of cabbage. This is a perfect weeknight meal that takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish. I adapted this recipe from this one over at Salt & Lavender.
Sesame Garlic Zoodles w/ Cashews
Each Serving Contains:
- 14 oz Veggies
- 1 Protein Serving
- 1 Fat Serving
- 4 medium zucchinis, spiralized on the medium setting
- 8 oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced
Protein + Fat
- 2 oz roasted cashews (1 protein)
- Sesame Garlic Lime Sauce
- 2 oz peanut butter (1 protein)
- 1/4 tsp of chili garlic oil or sriracha sauce
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 thumb ginger, grated
- 1 oz (2 Tbsps) sesame oil (2 fats)
Condiments & Spices
- Chopped fresh cilantro to garnish
- Grain Additions: Serve with 4 oz of cooked rice.
- Protein Additions: Increase cashews or peanut butter.
- Fat Additions: Increase cashews, peanut butter, or sesame oil.
- Spiralize the zucchini on the medium setting.
- Heat the sesame oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 3-5 minutes, until browned.
- Add the garlic and ginger and stir until fragrant.
- Add the rest of the sauce ingredients to the pan, except for the peanut butter, along with the spiralized zucchini.
- Using tongs or two large spoons, gently toss/lift up the pan contents every 10-20 seconds or so for about 2-3 minutes until everything is lightly cooked and heated through. The zucchini will release some liquid, which will help to make a nice sauce. When it’s almost ready, add the peanut butter and cashews and toss. Remove from heat.
- Divide into two equal sized portions. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
Note: Be careful not to overcook this dish, or it will end up a watery mess. Err on the side of not enough time. The goal isn’t to cook the zoodles as much as it is to warm them up.