This is a cousin of the ever popular Chickpea Sunflower “Tuna” Salad. It’s excellent in a lettuce wrap, as a dip for sliced veggies cucumbers or peppers, or wonderful atop flourless crackers or Ezekiel bread if you’re on maintenance. Honestly I just ate it straight out of the bowl.
Curried Chickpea Salad
Each Serving Contains:
- 1 Protein Serving
- 1 Fat Serving
- 1 Fruit Serving
- 9 oz cooked or canned chickpeas, rinsed (1.5 protein servings)
- 1 oz walnuts (1/2 protein serving)
- 1 oz vegan mayo (2 fat servings)
- 6 oz grapes, halved
- 6 oz apple, diced
Condiments & Spices
- 1 celery rib, finely diced (you can count this toward your veggie serving if you like)
- Pinch of curry powder, to taste
- Pinch of salt, to taste
- Combine the chickpeas, mayo, celery, curry powder, and salt in a bowl. Lightly mash together, keeping it chunky but breaking down the chickpeas a little bit.
- Gently stir in the fruit and walnuts.
Recipe Source: Katie’s Bright Kitchen