This festive recipe and photo come from Bright Line Eater Tamara (shared with permission), who you can follow at tamaras.bright.lines on instagram. Thanks Tamara! This breakfast reminds me of my Peanut Butter Granola except it was way less work. I made it this morning and used vegan yogurt. It was divine.
Baked Apple Breakfast Crisp
Each Serving Contains:
- 1 Grain
- 1 Protein Serving
- 1 Fruit Serving
- 6 oz apple, finely chopped
- 1 oz rolled oats*
*Note: While oats are naturally a gluten-free grain, they are often processed on the same equipment as wheat and may not be safe for folks with Celiac disease or gluten sensitivity. If this is an issue for you, be sure to buy oats that are certified and labeled gluten-free.
- 1 oz peanut butter (1/2 protein)
- 0.5 oz nuts (1/4 protein)
- 2 oz yogurt (topping) (1/4 protein)
Condiments & Spices
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- Grain Additions: Use 1.5 oz of oats.
- Protein Additions: Double it! Use twice as much of each protein listed.
- Fat Additions: More nuts and PB! I’m also a biiiig fan of coyo coconut yogurt.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Mix together the apples and spices and put into an oven safe dish.
- Combine the oats, peanut butter, nuts, and another dash of cinnamon and sprinkle over the apple mixture.
- Sprinkle over the apple mixture and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until the apples are soft.
- Top with 2 oz plain yogurt, and sprinkle with more cinnamon.
Recipe Source: tamaras.bright.lines published by Katie’s Bright Kitchen