This recipe comes from Bright Line Eater Karen, posted here with her permission. She shared this photo with a confession that she used a ruler to make sure they were perfectly divided. If you’ve been in BLE for any stretch of time I’m sure you can relate! 😉
Breakfast Oat Bars
Each Serving Contains:
- 1 Grain Serving
- 1 Fruit Serving
- 1 Protein Serving
- 6 large mashed bananas (overripe if possible)
- Any additional fruit add-ins if you like to reach your full 6 oz per serving 🙂
- 6 oz steel cut oats (dry)
- 12 oz peanut butter or other nut butter (I recommends a crunchy variety to add more texture, or swap out some of the nut butter for nuts of choice)
Condiments & Spices
- Cinnamon, pie spice, ginger, vanilla, etc. according to your flavor preferences
- Mix mashed bananas, peanut butter and spices together and stir in steel cut oats.
- Pour in 12×12 pan (I spray with coconut oil or line pan with parchment paper)
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes or so (depends on the size of the bananas) until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and then cut into 6 equal pieces. I cut one serving into 2 pieces to make it easier to store. I wrap in saran wrap and keep in the refrigerator or put in freezer bags and keep them in the freezer.
- Pull out the night before from the freezer and put in the refrigerator.
Note: it took me forever to find a 12×12 pan. Before that I baked in a 9×13 at 350 and adjusted the time, longer.
Recipe Source: Recipe by Karen, posted by Katie’s Bright Kitchen