This meal is sooooo simple, fresh and flavorful! It’s hard to photograph the divine smells of the fresh chopped basil and mint, the spicy sweet flavor combination of fresh mango and peanut sauce, or the fresh crunch of the mung bean sprouts and raw veggies. So you’ll just have to make it for yourself.
It’s basically a Thai spring roll inside out without the wrapper. I intended to use rice noodles as a grain (non-BLE friendly but Katie friendly), but I ended up leaving it out because it felt bountiful enough without it!
Spring Roll Bowls w/ Peanut Sauce
Each Serving Contains:
- Fruit (optional)
- Grain (optional)
- Cucumbers, sliced or diced
- Red bell peppers, sliced or diced
- Carrots, sliced or grated
- Salad greens, chopped
- Mung bean sprouts
- Katie’s Go-To Thai Peanut Sauce (see here for how to count this recipe in BLE)
- 4 oz peanut butter (or almond butter, or dry roasted peanuts)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (or 0.5 oz)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 TBSP soy sauce (or 3/4 oz)
- 2 TBSP rice vinegar, or apple cider vinegar (or 3/4 oz)
- 1/4 tsp chili garlic paste
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 oz coconut milk (fat serving) OR 4 oz water (to omit the fat serving)
- Chopped peanuts, to garnish
- Or include coconut milk in the peanut sauce (see above)
- Mango, sliced or diced
- Cooked rice or rice noodles
Condiments & Spices
- Fresh herbs to garnish (I recommend cilantro, basil, or mint)
- Make the peanut sauce in a small blender cup. (If following BLE, you can divide this recipe equally into two portions and each one contains 1 protein and 1 fat serving)
- Arrange ingredients beautifully and lovingly in a bowl, drizzle with peanut sauce, garnish with a dash of peanuts and fresh herbs, and serve!
Recipe Source: Katie’s Bright Kitchen
Note: I’m working on reformatting my recipes a little bit to be useful to both BLE-ers and non-BLE-ers. Feel free to let me know your feedback and requests about this. Thanks!