A lot of folks have been asking me for oil-free recipes lately. Here’s a delicious, creamy, oil-free hummus recipe that comes together in less than 10 minutes in a high powered blender (such as a Vitamix).
I’ve always made hummus in a food processor, but the blender took this hummus to the next level. So smooth and creamy!! And highly customizable for your favorite hummus flavorings. Enjoy!
- 2 cans chickpeas (15-oz) liquid reserved from one can
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice not bottled!
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- za'atar seasoning
- smoked paprika
- roasted red pepper (I use jarred)
- cilantro and jalapeño
- roasted eggplant and pine nuts
- chipotle and lime
- spinach and artichoke hearts
- Drain one can of chickpeas and add both cans (including the liquid from the second can into a food processor or high powered blender such as a Vitamix.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend. If using a high powered blender, start on low and use the stirring tool to mix while blending, or stop blending and mix periodically with a spatula, until creamy.