We just made this at a recent family gathering, and it was immediately devoured. Serve with tortilla chips, as a side or garnish to a protein, or with tacos or burritos.
Alternatively, you can use a larger dice on the veggies and fruit and just eat this as a salad or on top of a bed of greens with some extra protein and avocado as a fat. YUM.
- 2 cups corn kernels fresh, cut off the cob or frozen and thawed
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 large mango diced
- 1 red pepper, small dice
- 1/2 red onion, small dice
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeds removed and finely diced adjust to heat preference
- 1 bunch cilantro diced
- 2-3 limes, juiced adjust to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt adjust to taste
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- This salad keeps well in the fridge for a day or two. If adding avocado (which is delicious) add it before serving, as it doesn't store well and will brown.