Mix up your breakfast with these cute little veggie frittatas. These are easy, customizable, and tasty alongside some fruit, breakfast potatoes, and a hot beverage.
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (I use plant-based) 2 oz
- 1/2 cup cheese of choice (I use Kite Hill almond milk ricotta) 4 oz
- 1/2 cup veggies of choice (cherry tomatoes, browned onions or mushrooms, chopped dark greens, broccoli, asparagus, scallions, chives, etc.)
- salt and black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried basil, oregano, or thyme
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a non-stick muffin pan or use silicone liners.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, and seasonings.
- If desired, sauté any vegetables ahead of time. (I like to sauté mushrooms and onions before putting them into the fritattas)
- If making potatoes on the side, prepare them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast them at the same time.
- Distribute the cheese and veggies evenly amongst 8 muffin cups. Sprinkle with more salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over each of the cups, distributing it evenly among all 8 cups. Fill them to the top, but leave a tiny bit of room as they will expand just a little.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until set. Let cool for a few minutes before removing. Wait until they collapse and settle a little bit.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, if desired.
- See notes below for serving sizes.
- This whole recipe contains 4 protein servings in BLE.
- For the BLE weight loss plan, eat 2 mini frittatas as a breakfast protein, and count 1 oz of veggies. For maintenance, eat 4 frittatas and count 2 oz of veggies. Eat 5 or 4 oz of fruit on the side to complete your breakfast produce, along with a side of grain (potatoes!)
- I don’t bother to count the 2 oz of milk toward the protein, as it is spread out amongst 4 breakfasts.
- To make these extra delicious, mix a Tbsp of pesto to the egg mixture.