This is a great way to use up leftover quinoa. I always have a container of cooked quinoa in the fridge ready for salads and weeknight dinners, so these cookies can come together in 5 minutes on a lazy morning. This recipe is very versatile, so go ahead and experiment with other fun add-ins!
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa 4 oz
- 1/4 cup rolled oats, dry 1 oz
- 2 bananas 8 oz mashed
- 1/8 cup fresh or frozen blueberries or use dried berries if not following BLE
- 1/4 cup peanut butter 2 oz
- 1/4 cup pecans 2 oz
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mash the banana and peanut butter together in a bowl with a fork.
- Stir in quinoa, rolled oats, nuts, berries, and spices.
- Scoop batter onto parchment paper and shape into 4 rounds with your hands or a spoon. For BLE, count 2 cookies as a weight loss breakfast.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned and holding together.
- When cookies are completely cool, they can be stored in an airtight container or frozen.