Fennel Peach Salad
6 oz Veggies | 3 oz Fruit | 1 Protein | 1 Fat
- 1/2 head butter lettuce, roughly chopped 4 oz
- 1 bulb fennel, thinly sliced or mandolined 4 oz
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced 4 oz
Protein & Fat
- 1/2 recipe Basil & Walnut Pesto 1 fat, 1 protein
- 2 oz pistachios, chopped 1 protein
- 1 Tbsp olive oil 1 fat
- 1 peach, sliced or chopped 6 oz
- Mint and basil leaves, to garnish
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Make a batch of Basil Walnut Pesto (see link in notes, this takes about 5-10 minutes) You will need half of it for this recipe. Refrigerate the other half and make something else delicious with it (I love to eat it with eggs!!!)
In a large bowl, gently toss together the lettuce, fennel, cucumber, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and a few grinds of black pepper.
Divide the salad into two serving bowls and garnish with the peaches, nuts, herbs, and a dollop of pesto.
- Basil Walnut Pesto recipe HERE
- If you eat dairy, you could swap half the pistachio serving for a little bit of feta cheese (you can substitute 1 to 1, nuts and cheese are counted the same way in BLE).
- Recipe inspired and adapted from this one over at Love and Lemons.
- I used more peaches than shown in the picture, but it was so pretty like that! I also chopped up the peaches and added more on top after photographing it for easier eating. :)